Court Rye of ElectricRideReview.com was in Fort Collins and asked to spend some time with
Ridekick International owners, Mark Wanger and Dee Wanger, and do a thorough Ridekick Review.
“It’s actually one of the more
affordable electric bike ‘solutions’
I’ve seen out there,”
Court Rye – Writing electric bike reviews and conversion kits reviews for five years.
In the fall of 2010 , Court had the opportunity to take a close look at the Ridekick trailer, before it went into production. He crossed our paths again as we took the first production unit off the line.
Over the years, he has touched base with Ridekick International, and now has tried the updated and improved Ridekick trailer. See his Ridekick review video here.
Court is an expert on electric bikes and conversion kits. We appreciate his careful, candid look at the Ridekick trailer and respect his opinion.
1) 2014 – Production Pause
2) Our Warranty
3) Mark’s engineering background – Hewlett-Packard, Hughes Aircraft, Colorado State University, MIT, UC Santa Barbara
4) Court’s “power trailer” definition
5) Attaches to any bike or trike
6) Battery options – sealed lead-acid (SLA) and lithium (LiFePO4)
7) Brush motors
9) Ridekick trailer on hills
10) Jack-knifing concerns
11) Turning radius
12) Motor responsiveness
Court’s written Ridekick Review can be found here.
The Ridekick power trailer is an affordable, versatile electric assist bicycle conversion kit solution for all kinds of riders –
– older, younger,
– recumbent trike rider, urban riders, utility riders,
– 2-wheel or 3-wheel cyclists,
– post hip or knee surgery rehabilitation, arthritis, stroke rehab,
– riders who want to lose weight,
– bicycle commuters to work and school,
– cyclists who need support for balance, endurance, strength,
– or riders who just plain want to have fun!
We are currently taking pre-orders for product delivery later this spring. When you pay a pre-order deposit of $199 between now and March 31, 2015, you get FREE shipping*! Visit our website or call 877-974-4440, ext 1 to place your order!
*Hazardous Materials fee of $28 for lithium battery shipments is not included.